I KNOW!!! I told you --- it's an addiction!
Anyway, you might be wondering how I keep track of all these treasures since many of my students and staff members borrow my books throughout the school year. It's simple --- I use a website called LibraryThing (www.librarything.com). This site has made placed all my books at my fingertips --- no matter where I am. Here are some of the cool things I can do:
- I can search for all my books by author or title.
- For each title, I have created tags that let me quickly search for certain topics.
- There is an opportunity to be an "Early Reviewer." You can sign up to win books for free, and all you have to do is write a review after reading it.
- I can share my site with colleagues (and vice versa) so they can see if I have any books they need.
- Adding new books to my collection is easy because I can scan them in with my Cue Cat. (http://www.librarything.com/cuecat)
The list goes on and on. These are just some of the ways I use this AWESOME site. If you are looking for a way to track all your books, I highly recommend checking it out.