Friday, March 15, 2013

New Picture Book --- MUST HAVE!

Today, I went to the Book Talks session that is put on by Anderson's Bookshops (http://www.andersonsbookshop.com/).  I LOVED IT!!!  Becky Anderson does an AWESOME job of sharing the new and notable books that have come out recently.  Here is one of my favorites that I had to buy immediately:


Open Very Carefully:  A Book with Bite
Words By:  Nick Bromley
Illustrated By:  Nicola O'Byrne

This is the story of an ugly duckling who comes across a BIG, scary crocodile.  The crocodile starts to eat the letters off the page, and he eventually starts to eat the words and sentences (see below).  How will the ugly duckling get him to stop?!  You'll have to check out the book to find out.  


The author and illustrator use so many creative conventions that the reader is instantly pulled into the book.  

What a great mentor text to teach voice!

The humor in the book will make kids AND adults laugh!

The best part of the book is the back cover blurb...so be sure to check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your new find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks adorable...and fun! Thanks for sharing this title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a new title! I bet that was a great session!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...my Amazon cart just got fuller. Thanks for sharing your find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I can see my kindergartners loving this books. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to check it out! Thanks for sharing. And, I got a little distracted by your book shelf in the sidebar, too! :) I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Added this one to my Amazon wish list. Thanks for the recommendation!!! It looks like a very fun book.

    ReplyDelete